Saturday, August 1, 2015

Three Day Pass


Thowin Four Fingers, a fighter, and his torchbearer, Boarface
Imorfin the elf
Durik the cleric
Fretta the Dark, a thief
Balork the Medium, a magic-user and Bursus, his man-at-arms

Once the party returns to the city after their successful foray into Stonehell (no casualties and 400 platinum pieces!), I switch to 'Enharza mode' and make use of the rules and various tables and randomizers I have to play out their time back in town. A d3 roll reveals that they will be in the city for 3 days, assuming no complications arising from their actions.

In the next couple posts I will detail the "behind the scene" process, including the questions I ask and the resolution methods I employ as I play things out.

Now that I have determined they will be in town for a few days, I decide on the following PC actions:

With his share of the loot, Thowin Four Fingers will head to the Arena District to price some plate mail. That AC can never be low enough…

Balork wants to return to the Mages Guild to pay his required dues and to dabble in a little spell research.

Durik will visit the shrine of Laex, goddess of the wind, to pay his respects to his patron deity and the rest of the order in Enharza. He also plans to make a rather large donation with his share of the treasure from Stonehell.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what type of person Fretta is (beyond her obvious skittishness). But she is a thief, so I flipped a coin between carousing and gambling. She's going drinking!

Imorfin will pay a visit to the Bazaar District just to look around and explore. He will also try and chase down new leads for the party. I want them (and me) to uncover some new adventure pathways so the party has an alternative to Stonehell.

And as for Bursus the man-at-arms and Boarface the torchbearer, I employed my newly created table. The roll for Bursus came up as resting for the next adventure. So I decided he would go with Thowin to investigate an armor upgrade and then likely blow the rest of his loot on ale and good food back at the tavern.

The roll for Boarface resulted in a night of carousing! Given that Fretta was hitting the town as well, I asked Mythic if they were going together (Near Sure Thing). The answer came back….Yes. Awesome!

I also have some encounter tables which are specific for each of Enharza's Districts. Each time a PC visits a city district I roll to check if an encounter occurs, and if so, what the encounter is. The likelihood is higher at night.

So, now that we know what everyone is going to do during, let's find out what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment